The Compensation Analyst will bring outside and inside data together to help determine salary benchmarks. As part of the Human Resources team the Compensation Analyst will shape policies that reward employee contributions. This Human Resources role is designed to work hand in hand with field managers, legal, and IT. You will be the point of contact for the company in on scaling out our wage program. This Compensation Analyst role is critical in our company’s success in attracting and retaining the best talent in industry.
- The Compensation Analyst will gather data and perform statistical analysis and interpretation of information to develop and adjust salary grades in accordance with company goals
- Classify positions and evaluate job descriptions for compliance with state and federal laws.
- Salary scales should be determined by conducting surveys, performing research and modeling data.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team and provide insights in job description building.
- Interview and survey employees and managers to gather and document occupational information on various positions.
- Determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmarks roles against survey data and other market intelligence to determine compensation ranges for each position including base pay, retirement benefits, year end bonus, and commission.
- Work with Human Resources talent acquisition team to maintain job classifications and salary scales.
- Leading company’s Total Reward initiative.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, EEO, and Affirmative Action regulations.
- Obtain data from market-based compensation surveys; utilize spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Researches employee benefits in like industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the company’s existing benefits or policies.
- Works with insurance partners to create competitive, effective benefits packages for the organization; facilitates implementation and enrollment for insurance and retirement plans.
- Plans and communicates best practices for hiring, training, compensating, and evaluating employees.
- Advises management on state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
- A critical thinker who can work hand in hand with different business functions to provide compensation insights.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Strong understanding of HR systems, job codes and salary tables
- One to three years of experience as a compensation analyst required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Master’s degree a plus
- Three years in a human Resources related role
- Experience within a staffing or sales environment a plus
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Extensive knowledge of human resource laws, regulations and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Why Work Here
Analytics Associates is a fast growing recruitment firm specializing in the data science and machine learning space. We have built strong relationships with clients ranging from venture backed startups to fortune 500 companies. We're actively looking for talented and motivated human resources professionals to help refine our internal processes. These roles may be remote as long as our EST business hours are accommodated.